Social Media Coordinator
The Photoville Team is expanding and we are seeking a Social Media Coordinator to manage and expand its social media presence during its annual festival in September.
The ideal candidate would be able to carry out the duties stated below as well as have a sense of humor, work effectively and collaboratively with a small team producing big and ambitious photographic outdoor festival in New York City and isn’t afraid of the long hours during the main event week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop innovative and creative media content across social media platforms in line with Photoville brand and long term goals
- Accelerate rapid growth of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Report to Producing Team and collaborate with the design & web team to ensure a cohesive social media identity
- Work on creative strategy in collaboration with the Producing Team.
- Maintain and track all social media platforms to ensure maximum visibility and increase brand recognition, inclusive of the blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, and Instagram—while simultaneously maintaining a unified voice and messaging;
- Create and send Photoville online newsletters as needed
- Post daily highlights of artists, exhibitions and talks & workshops
Skills and Experience
Application deadline: August 1, 2016
Experience: at least 2 years of Communications and / or Social Media experience and at least a Bachelor’s Degree. Experience working at an arts event or festival is a plus.
Employment type: Temporary Freelance starting August 8 and ending October 8, 2016
Location: The successful candidate would work at Photoville HQ in DUMBO, Brooklyn at least 1 day a week and work remotely other days. We are flexible with this but will need to be on site between September 20 – 25, 2016 during Photoville Week.
The option for freelance work opportunities throughout the year is definitely a possibility on various projects that the United Photo Industries and Photoville team work on.
To apply, please send your resume, a writing sample and 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org